Thursday, January 12, 2006

Cardinal

I am sitting in the lobby of the Cardinal Hotel. You would think it would be fun to recline in an elegant chair, sipping hot chocolate with a book in hand. I don't find it particularly stimulating for some reason. I suppose I do most of my living inside, paying little attention to my environment. And the inside is not a peaceful place -- it is either anxious about one thing, or another thing, or bored, or unconscious.

They come in short cycles -- days of inspired creativity, followed by weeks of routine. I'm guessing the best way to break the routine, to hopefully return sooner to inspired creativity, is meditation/reflection. And learning.

The lights dim in the lobby of the Cardinal Hotel. Half an hour until bedtime. Options: hit the sack early, read some more, meditate, mediblog.

2 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 6:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonathan,

What are you doing sitting in a hotel lobby at 10:30 at night in a foreign country?

The gang at Vivid misses you, drop by and say hi and you can help me out with the 2006 projection; that thing is a nightmare.

 
At 1/14/2006 10:42 p.m., Blogger Jonathan said...

Hey! I head out to this company's main office to work every couple of months. Sounds like the projection work is a bit tricky. I miss Victoria BC!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home