Thursday, January 12, 2006

Laptopping

Typing this from 30 000' on a Boeing 737. w00t! My first laptop usage on an airplane. Well it's not as cool as they make it out to be. Actually the guy in front of me just started leaning back, and I heard a distinct crack as the laptop screen was compressed. Ouch!
 
A bit turbulent at present, but not as much as the little plane before this one. I think the bigger planes have a bit more stability, what with their larger engines and wings (and price tag).
 
Starting to feel nauseous with all the shaking. Laptopping on a plane is alas not all it is cracked up to be. I will stop here before I vomit.
 
The guy in front of me has the right idea. I heard him crack open a can of pop. I will be sure to bring some snacks the next time I board a plane.

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 2:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

fighting nausea:
GINGER! equal to Gravol

ginger tea:
1 piece of fresh ginger-at least the size of your big toe-sliced thinly
1 lemon-including peel-sliced thinly
1 cup of (brown)sugar (or to taste)
1quart of water
bring to boil
simmer(15 min)
hot or cold

ginger candy
China Town
from Indonesia, soft, individually wrapped,
stiff, chewy jelly-type
hot
good
not always available
hard candy in metal can OK too, but not as strong

or - candied ginger
in bulk
pretty much all supermarkets

take aome before flight
and have some during

besides ginger is good for all sorts of things
boosts immunity
fights colds

 
At 1/12/2006 9:59 p.m., Blogger Jonathan said...

Wow - thanks Anon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home