Tuesday, February 07, 2006

C1

Q1. "Do I truly love God above all, or do I sometimes give greater importance to things of this world: money, image, looks, clothes, popularity or selfish desires?"
 
For me a typical day is a bullet train from waking up until lying down, focused on work. I typically don't find myself focusing on spiritual things except perhaps during breaks in activity, such as meals (a quick prayer of thanks), or settling down for bed. I would like to create more of these "spaces" where I can pause the activity and exist for a few moments. Of course the ideal would be to "exist" all the time, 24 hours a day, or at least while awake, but I find that just doesn't happen for me, at least not yet. Maybe if I wake up a little earlier (and go to bed a little earlier) I can find some space in the morning to slow down. Yesterday I hit the sack at 1; today it's looking like 12:30 -- eventually I'd like to get it down to 11 and wake up at 7, but even 12 to 8 would do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home