Monday, August 28, 2006

"Being conscious of my human journey."

This means being aware of the strengths, weaknesses, joys, and sorrows of the physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional aspects of my life.

It also means an acceptance of my mortality, weakness, and the inevitability of occasional misfortune. Accepting these, I am free to live without constant apprehension of them.

It sees life as an adventure, or at least a journey; if a tragedy, then one in which we play our parts nobly; and equally so if it be a comedy.

Most importantly, it sees one's life as a story, with a beginning, middle, and end. We make up our part as we go along, and see what effect it has on others, and ourselves.That's why it calls it "journey"--we choose our path, decide which roads to take, and look at the scenery about us, not just at the ground.

Basically, "I am not just a [insert title here]--I am fully human and will delight in the joys and sorrows of all it means to be human."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home