Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"...theology really happens in relations between people." -- Merton, quoted in Norris' "Amazing Grace"

11:25 PM Back home in Victoria. The work day was calm but long--I expect tomorrow will be more intense. Today was a standard day, with work comprising most of it, some small errands, a meal shared, and then the evening with various errands, things to learn, things to consider. And finally a story to numb the brain into sleep.

But before I sleep, I sit in the dining room, one hand supporting my forehead, as I write, trying to squeeze from my memory some insight or valuable thought from the day. Today I did not do my daily good turn--I want to get into that habit.

"...in what I have done, in what I have failed to do." --Confiteor

"Do not let us stretch out our hands to evil deeds, nor be destroyed by the insidious snares of the enemy, but bring us to share the lot of the saints in light." --Liturgy of the Hours

1 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 10:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today I did not do my daily good turn--I want to get into that habit."...

Did you make somebody smile?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home