Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I have added a new component to my mission statement: "Dreaming life-enhancing software." Sounds a bit awkward, but I couldn't think of a more fitting word than "Dream" – to cogitate an idea into reality. "Life-enhancing" – this captures both software that helps people in a small way (assistive) and software that helps in a profound way (superhuman).
 
So my mission statement continues to grow organically – phrase by phrase. It now reads: Engineering beautiful software; dreaming life-enhancing software. Cherishing my family. Random acts of heroic kindness. Being conscious of my human journey.
 
I believe my company needs me to dream. At the minimum, to do good engineering, but at my best, to dream new things.

3 Comments:

At 12/22/2006 2:59 p.m., Blogger John said...

Jon, I read your log about wanting to create beautiful, life-enhancing software on the same day as I prayed that God would raise up creative people to produce interesting, attractive ways for persons to get into the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Maybe you are one of those who will. I hope. Thanks for your positive, life-affirming spirit. All my unity, JF

 
At 12/22/2006 3:00 p.m., Blogger John said...

Find my initial blog (still new) at CatholicChristianHeartSoul.blogspot.com

All my unity, JF

 
At 12/22/2006 6:22 p.m., Blogger Jonathan said...

Hi John - Awesome - Yeah I'm slogging through the CCC right now. I'll subscribe to your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home