Friday, January 19, 2007

This evening I attended a seminar on evangelization

This evening I attended a seminar on evangelization at St. Andrew's Cathedral. I will not be doing the homework, nor the exercises in the workbook. Mainly I was there to fish for ideas: ideas for how to talk about my beliefs with others.

Mine will be a different path - not conversing with half-strangers in person over coffee, but writing - letters or writings on the web. The rule of thumb is: if it's awkward, then something is wrong. Holding up the pearls of theology to the light should be like discussing fine wine with someone, and equally as enjoyable: indulging in tradition, and respectful of taste.

And - I'd forgotten - prayer, to lay the groundwork, to soften the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home