Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I am sitting outside the Subway restaurant

I am sitting outside the Subway restaurant on University Avenue in Palo Alto. Subway's great virtue is its economy: for a mere $3 you get a meal filling and wholesome.

Current disposition is relaxed, somewhat fatigued from a couple of late nights. I will be checking into work periodically today to see if new tasks appear in my queue; otherwise I will endeavour to relax this Sunday. A whole day unscheduled! I am unaccustomed to this luxury. How is such a day lived well?

Perhaps it will be a day of readings of scripture, meditations on life past and present, and future. Maybe some great idea will seize me - those are rare. Or perhaps it is enough to be grateful for the current minute, in which I am - thank God - healthy and in need of nothing.

But what will the future bring?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home