Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Interpretive dance

Trying out interpretive dance as prayer sometimes, for variety. Now I don't know anything about dance, and even less about interpretive dance. And I was careful to lock my door and close the curtains before I tried this today. And the only music was that in my mind. But despite my clumsiness, it was an interesting art form and form of prayer that I've never explored: the kinetic and kinesthetic.

TODO: See a performance of *real* interpretive dance.

2 Comments:

At 3/29/2007 2:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of two things
1) Asian temple dancers
2) Some years ago a dancer wore electrodes and transmitted her own heartbeat to speakers , then used it as drum music to dance to. Of course, it became faster and faster...

 
At 3/29/2007 8:03 p.m., Blogger Jonathan said...

Hi Anon - dear me, that must have been a whirling, fast-paced dance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home