Monday, March 26, 2007

Replacing the last two points of my Mission Statement

I'm adjusting my Mission Statement again today. It used to have four statements, and now will have three. I always thought four was one too many. Three's a good number, a small quantity of information to keep in the mind.

Edit thusly:

KEEP: Engineering beautiful software.
KEEP: Cherishing my family.
DELETE: The corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
DELETE: Being conscious of my human journey.
ADD: Brewing spiritual coffee.

Alas, the new addition is annoyingly imprecise. But I cannot think of anything more precise at present, so "Brewing spiritual coffee" it is.

4 Comments:

At 3/26/2007 11:26 p.m., Blogger Jonathan said...

Ah yes - forgot to change the sidebar itself - thanks Paul!

 
At 3/26/2007 11:28 p.m., Blogger Jonathan said...

Heh - Actually I'd intended it to be "Brewing spiritual caffeine", but now that I think about it, it doesn't make sense to "brew caffeine", so we'll leave it.

 
At 3/27/2007 5:55 a.m., Blogger Ed Gentry said...

I like coffee better, Its more embodied. There are lots of ways of getting caffeine: Jolt, no-doze (caffeine say awake pills), Tea, etc.

I like coffee because you have to make it. You grind the beans, heat the water etc.

I like coffee because of the smell, the color, the temperature and the caffeine.

Perhaps much of the world is looking for spiritual no-doze, when what they/we need is Coffee. An embodied experience deeply connected with creation but also containing caffeine.

 
At 3/27/2007 9:23 p.m., Blogger Jonathan said...

Ed - Your argument is irrefutable. Spiritual coffee it is! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home