Sunday, February 03, 2008

Today I took a break from work

Today I took a break from work, after an intense week. Today is the Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time on the Church calendar. I want to treat Sunday differently from the other days, focused on God. This is his day, and ours as well – a day to rest.

I went to mass this morning at St. Andrew's Cathedral. Afterwards, I took my mother out to lunch at Subway, where we enjoyed foot-long toasted Subway Clubs. Back at home, I listened to some talks given by the Pope. Took a half-hour nap. Sang a hymn, and prayed part of the Liturgy of the Hours for the Fourth Sunday. And now it's 4:20pm.

So far, the day has been a rejuvenating change from the norm.

2 Comments:

At 3/21/2008 2:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to stumble upon another programmer looking to get close to God. Keep on keeping on! Blessings and Namaste.

 
At 3/21/2008 10:56 p.m., Blogger Jonathan said...

Anon - Thx for the encouraging comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home